A neglected child includes any child:
- 1) Who is abandoned by his parents, guardian or custodian;
- Who lacks adequate parental care because of the faults or habits of his parents, guardian or custodian;
- Whose parents, guardian or custodian neglects or refuses to provide him with proper or necessary subsistence, education, medical or surgical care, or treatment or other care necessary for the child’s health, morals or well-being;
- Whose parents, guardians or custodians neglects the child or refuses to provide the special care made necessary by the child’s mental condition;
- Whose parents, legal guardian or custodian have placed or attempted to place such child in violation of Sections 5103.16 and 5103.17 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Who because of the omission of his parents, guardian or custodian suffers physical or mental injury that harms or threatens to harm the child’s health or welfare;
- Who is subjected to out-of-home care child neglect.
If you have reason to believe that a child is being neglected in any way, please call 4403504000 to be connected to the Children’s Services Hotline.