An Abused Child includes any child:
- Who is the victim of sexual activity as defined under Chapter 2907 of the Ohio Revised Code, where such activity would constitute an offense under that chapter, except that the court need not find any person has been convicted of the offense in order to find that the child is an abused child.
- Who is endangered as defined in Section 2919.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, except that the court need not find that any person has been convicted of the offense in order to find that the child is an abused child.
- Who exhibits evidence of any physical or mental injury or death, inflicted other than by accidental means, or an injury or death which is at variance with the history given.
- Who because of the acts of his parents, guardian or custodian suffers physical or mental injury that harms or threatens to harm the child’s health or welfare.
- Who is subjected to out-of-home care child abuse.
If you have reason to believe that a child is being abused in any way, please call 440-350-4000 to be connected to the Children’s Services Hotline.